Call for Contributions
During the AGM 2023, we aim to promote a space for discussions on contemporary topics in the mining industry and mining engineering education that enables us to define new perspectives and take action for the future of mining. The session themes and a motivational quote on each are listed below:
- The Sustainable Mine: The mines of the future are sustainable, what makes a mine sustainable?
- Building trust in Mining: The current image of mining needs a makeover.
- Innovative and creative teaching: Showcase your most innovative and creative practices.
- Education challenges: Let’s talk about current challenges and trends in education, mining engineers of the future and how we are addressing this.
- The emerging workforce: Generational gaps affect the way we teach and how students learn, share successful practices for recruiting, educating and retaining the contemporary emerging workforce.
- Collaboration and interaction in research between SOMP members: Share with the community best practices for joint research.
Each session can include a Keynote, impulse presentations, an interactive activity, selected papers presentations of 7-8 min, and a poster pitch round with an exhibition. Therefore, we invite you to submit paper abstracts or poster presentations. Considering the affinity and relevance to this year's themes, only selected papers will be invited to make an oral presentation while others will be invited to present their abstracts as posters.
Submission of an extended paper is open to all accepted papers and posters, however, it is only mandatory for those who would like their paper selected for the peer-reviewed conference proceedings publication. Besides oral presentations and posters, we encourage interested members to contribute with Keynotes and as group leaders for the interactive activities in each session.
Abstracts for all contributions need to be submitted by May 1st, 2023 including a maximum 500-word description.
The call for contribution is closed.